Calling All Artists: Winter Card Contest
East Maine District 63 invites all K-8th grade students to submit entries for the 2021 Winter Card Design Contest.
Entries will be judged by a panel of school officials and teachers.
Winner’s design will appear on the official D63 winter card, website, and social media sites.
Winner and Best in Show for each grade will be honored at the December 2, 2021 Board of Education meeting (students may participate virtually).
All entries will be displayed at the Niles-Maine District Library in December.
Completed artwork & signed parent/guardian release form must be submitted by Wednesday, November 3, 2021 to the school office.
- All artwork should be created outside of regular school hours.
- Artwork must be submitted on a flat, plain white sheet of 8.5”x11” paper. There is no need to design a complete card -- just the artwork that would appear on the front.
- Art must be hand-drawn and camera-ready.
- Design can be vertical or horizontal and should reflect a non-religious winter theme (cardinals, birds, trees, nature, mittens, snowflakes, snowmen, etc.)
- Acceptable materials: colored or graphite pencils, markers, crayons, watercolors, and paint.
- The design must be usable in small (2 sq. in.) and large (up to 11 x 17 in.) formats.
- Artwork can be in color, but should also be reproducible in a single color.
- Place artwork and a completed parent/guardian release form in an envelope labeled “School District 63 Winter Card Contest.” Student name, school, and grade must be on the reverse side of the submission.