District 63 uses PushCoin to fund student meal accounts.
Creating an Account
- Visit www.pushcoin.com. This requires a modern browser (IE 10/11, Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Safari).
- Sign up as a parent or guardian.
- Either click on I don't have an account and fill out the form OR
- Use an accelerated sign up by clicking on Facebook, Gmail, LinkedIn, or Hotmail links.
- Add your child to your PushCoin account by clicking Add User (user refers to your child).
- Enter your child’s unique PushCoin Registration Code. If you don't know your child’s code, contact your school for assistance – or click “Find a Student,” located on the left-hand menu, and follow the prompts to find your child’s code. You’ll need to enter his/her date of birth and student ID number.
- Information about the student should appear on the screen. Verify the information is correct, and click Confirm.
- If you have multiple students in the District, repeat steps 3-5 for each remaining student.
If you plan to pay online, PushCoin offers multiple payment methods.
- Log in and click on Accounts and then Add Funding Source.
- Chose a payment method: electronic check (eCheck) or credit card (Visa, MasterCard, Discover). There are no transaction or credit card fees associated with online payments.
- To add funds to your student wallet/meal account, click Users and Add Money.
- Funds can be transferred among your children without any additional fee.
You may also fund the account by writing a check payable to East Maine School District 63 and delivering it to the cafeteria cashier. Remember to write in the check's memo: PushCoin – [your student’s ID#].
If you have questions or need assistance, contact PushCoin customer service at ask@PushCoin.com
or 800.381.9917. You may also contact the Finance Manager in the District's Business Services Department at 847.493.8418.
Past-Due Meal Fees
District 63's policy regarding past-due meal fees is uniform across all seven schools:
- Once a student meal account balance is negative (that is, the account runs out of money), that student may not purchase any a la carte item.
- Once the negative balance on the account exceeds $15, the student will receive a cold sandwich meal instead of a hot meal.
If you have a PushCoin account, it's easy to track your balance!
Check your PushCoin account settings to be sure you’re receiving a notification email when your student purchases a meal (if you previously opted out, opt back in). Each email includes your account balance – past-due fees are highlighted in red.