PTO stands for Parent Teacher Organization. The purpose of this PTO is to create a closer relationship between the parents, teachers, children, and administrators to secure for each student their maximum potential in all aspects of school life.To read about what's going on and to find everything in one place, visit our Washington PTO website!Meet the PTO OfficersPresidents | Angelica SchabFirst Vice President l Stacee MonleySecond Vice President | Anam HargeySecretary | Arlette Tahan-KhalilTreasurer |Melanie WoodwardPTO Monthly MeetingsOur PTO Meetings are held on the first Wednesday of every month at 6:30 p.m. All parents are invited to join us for our meetings either virtually or in person. Meetings are typically held in the Library.Meeting Dates for the 2022|23 School Year - NEW Meeting Days & TimesAugust 25 | First Meeting of the YearThursday, September 15October 13November 10December 8January 19February 1March 1April 5May 3 | ElectionJune 7Please note that meeting days/times may change and we will do our best to communicate any changes to the community.PTO Past Accomplishments
- Donated money to Washington families in need during COVID-19 lockdown
- Purchased yard signs for 2022 5th grade in celebration of their achievement
- Purchased t-shirts for the 2022 5th graders
- Hosted a Spirit Wear Sale - Now available year-round
- Hosted the most successful Scholastic Book Fair to date!
- Founded the Wildcat Wallet initiative that provides every student with a book from the Book Fair - regardless of financial situations
- Hosted a Charleston Wrap fundraiser 2022
- Hosted the Boo Bash Drive Thru
- Hosted the End of the Year Bash
- Purchased balloons for a 5th grade send-off ceremony
- Supplied Washington Staff with snacks & drinks for the start of the school year
- Hosted monthly Dine-Out nights with local businesses and food trucks
How can you help?
You can set your own level of commitment to participating in the PTO. Here are some options and we're sure something will fit your schedule:
- Attend monthly meetings which are about 1.5 hours once a month. You can attend in-person or virtually, whatever your preference.
- Volunteer for a committee to help ensure our larger events go off smoothly.
- Participate in our many annual fundraisers!
- During the year we have Scholastic Book Fairs, a Charleston Wrap sale, events, and Spirit Wear Sales that help raise money for our school.
- Use Amazon Smile and select Washington PTO East Maine School District 63 Glenview as your charity of choice!
- Donate, donate, donate! Everything we do is funded by donations made to support the PTO. Whether through fundraisers, events, or individual donations we cannot do what we do for our students and families without continued support.
Don't forget to like us on Facebook under Washington School PTO Glenview or follow us on Twitter @PTOGlenview! If you have any questions or would like to reach out to us to sign up for a committee, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 847.965.4780.
To read about what's going on and to find everything in one place, visit our Washington PTO website!
Please note that these pages are operated independently by the Washington PTO. East Maine District 63 and Washington Elementary School are not responsible for content.