Skip To Main Content

Establishing Student Residency

Establishing Student Residency: Requirements and Actions

The first step is to identify which school your child will attend. If you are new to D63, you may call the District office at 847.299.1900 for information about where your child will attend school. Or, you may use the School Locator Map application located on the left.  Kindergarten pupils must be five years old on or before September 1. Children entering first grade must be six years old on or before September 1.

Documents Required

Category I (One document required)

  • Most recent property tax bill AND proof of payment, e.g., canceled check or Form 1098 (homeowners)
  • Mortgage papers (homeowners)
  • Signed and dated lease AND proof of last month’s payment, e.g., canceled check or receipts (renters)
  • Letter of residence from the landlord in lieu of lease
  • Letter of residence to be used when the person seeking to enroll a student is living with a District resident
    • Contact the school office for the form and additional information.

Category II (Two documents showing the proper address are required)

  • Driver’s license
  • Vehicle registration
  • Voter registration
  • Most recent cable television and/or credit card bill
  • Current bank statement
  • Current public aid card
  • Current homeowners/renters insurance policy and premium payment receipt
  • Most recent gas, electric, and/or water bill
  • Current library card - must have name and address showing
  • Receipt for moving van rental