2023 / 2024 School Year
Are you a returning family?
Registration for returning students entering grades 1-8, entering kindergarten if they attended First Steps Preschool, and returning to First Steps is completed through the Parent Portal.
- Log into the Parent Portal and choose "Forms" on the left-hand side of the Home Page.
- Follow the step-by-step instructions. (en español)
- Information on creating an account or using the Portal.
Are you new to the District with a child ready to enter grades K-8?
- Identify which school your child will attend by entering your address into our School Locator.
- Once you know which school your child will attend, fill out the Initial Registration Worksheet to begin the registration process.
- Be sure you have a certified copy of your child's birth certificate. PLEASE NOTE: if the birth certificate is in a language other than English, you must have it officially translated.
- Once your Parent Portal account is set up, follow the step-by-step instructions. (en español)
Registration does require the submission of a number of forms. You'll be asked to upload these forms during the registration process. If you are unable to do so, you may bring any forms to your school office.
Interested in registering for First Steps Preschool? Please visit the First Steps website.
Questions? Contact your school or the District Office
For New Families: What Happens Next?
What happens after I complete the worksheet?
- Once this form is submitted, the school will email you information about how to set up a Parent Portal account.
- Once your Parent Portal account is set up, complete the rest of your registration through this portal. If you have technical difficulties or need assistance, email your school.
Our Parent Portal includes a “Required Documents” section. If you are able, provide scanned or digital copies of your child's birth certificate as well as the proof of residency, as requested. In any case, you will need to provide these before your registration is approved. If you are unable to provide scanned or digital documents, you may bring your documents to the school office.
What do I need to have on hand to register online?
You will need to have a birth certificate, proof of District residency, and completed health information forms if possible. If it is not possible to submit completed forms at registration, please note that students can not start the school year without submitting completed forms.