Busing & Transportation Information
D63 provides transportation for more than 2,000 K-8 students through Safeway Transportation Service, which runs over 50 routes on a daily basis. Transportation is provided free of charge for:
- Students who live more than 1.5 miles away from their school.
- Students living in designated hazardous areas.
To see if you qualify for free bus service, please contact your school.
Students living less than 1.5 miles from their school and not in a designated hazardous area may choose bus service for an annual fee of $430.
Registering for Busing - Bus and Route Information
- The best way to register for busing is to sign up online while registering your student for the school year via the Parent Portal.
- Looking for your student's bus stop and number? Please check the Parent Portal about a week before the start of the school year. If you are registering for the current school year, please work with the school office.
Special Education and Pre-K Students
First Student will provide busing for students PreK-8th grade students with special needs. However, students in these programs are eligible only if it is required per their Individualized Educational Plan (IEP). For more information, contact:
- Special Education Department: 847-493-8420
- First Steps Preschool: 847-827-4165
Bus Company - Contact Phone Numbers
For questions regarding issues with the route your child is on, please contact the appropriate company at the following numbers:
- For Regular Education Transportation (Safeway): 847-951-1387
- For Special Education and Pre-K Transportation (First Student): 847-635-9877