PTO stands for Parent Teacher Organization. The purpose of this PTO is to work toward creating a closer relationship between the parents, teachers, children, and administrators with the intent of securing for each student their maximum potential in all aspects of school life.Our PTO Meetings are held on the second Thursday of every month at 6:30 p.m. All parents are invited to join us for our meetings. which are held in the Teachers Lounge on the first floor of our building. If we are unable to meet in person, meetings will be held via Zoom.Meeting Dates 2020-2021 (subject to change)August 13September 10October 8November 12December 10January 14February 11March 11April 8May 13PTO OfficersCo-Presidents: Beth Day and Simona MasiniSecretary: Rebecca OlsenTreasurer: Lisa RussellPTO Past Accomplishments/Donations
How you can help!
- Purchased Flex-Screen dividers for art department to display student artwork (teacher request)
- Donated money to Washington families identified as needing assistance during COVID-19 lockdown
- Purchased Flocabulary Subscription (teacher request)
- Purchased new tables for multi-purpose use
- Purchased window shades to provide privacy during testing (teacher request)
- Purchased 5th grade yard signs for 2020 5th graders
- Purchase 5th grade t-shirts for 2020 5th graders
- Organize School Supply Kit sale
- Host Spirit Wear Sale
- Host Scholastic Book Fair 2x/year
- Host the Boo Bash (Halloween Party)
- Host the End-of-the-Year Bash
- Provide all families with an electronic directory of student contact information (e.g. phone number, email address)
Please contact Washington School at 847.965.4780 or email us to ask about volunteering. You can also keep up with PTO activities through its social media pages:
- Attend Monthly Meetings!
- Volunteer at Events! We ESPECIALLY need help during the day about 3 times a year!
- Participate in fundraisers! Shop the Scholastic Book Fair in the fall and spring! Attend the Boo Bash!
- Use Amazon Smile !
- Attend our monthly dine-out nights! (Information sent monthly)
- Buy Spirit Wear! (Washington School shirts)
Please note that these pages are operated independently by the Washington PTO. East Maine District 63 and Washington Elementary School are not responsible for content.