Welcome to the Library
Contact Information:Maria Navas | Teacher Librarian, Media SpecialisteMail: email@example.comLibrary Phone: 1-847-745-636
Mindfulness Quotes/Montra: OPTIMISM
Quote: “When it rains, look for rainbows.
When it’s dark, look for stars.”
Mantra: I can focus on a bright future.
Week of June 29th
Happy Summer - Wow, June has come to an end. Hey 1st and 2nd graders, join Ms. Pavel and I for another read aloud and book chat. Listen to this week's read aloud, "I Am Enough" by Grace Byers. Then join the book discussion on Wednesday, July 1st at 11:00. To RSVP to the book discussion click here and fill out this form. Links to the read aloud and activities are also found on the Summer Book Club page in Seesaw.
Remember to check out reading and other activities listed below. Fly High Eagles.
Summer Reading and Activity Choices:
- Virtual Summer Camp, by Destiny (our library system). For all grades, a new choice board posted here each week. There's read alouds, cool videos, how to draw, and more. Click on any a topic that interests you or explore a new topic. Your choice. Let me know what you think and share some of your activities at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Week 6 Camping and Picnics
- Week 5 Gardens, Plants, Flowers
- Week 4 - Dinosaurs
- Week 3 - The Ocean
- Week 2 - The Farm-Week 1 Imagination
- Bringing Brookfield Zoo to You! has some exciting videos and activities. Scroll down (almost to the bottom) to see two of my favorites "I Scienced" At-Home Activities and "Bringing The Zoo To You" Facebook Live Chats videos. For example Camping Around Bears. Owls and Lions are a big hit.
Overdrive (Sora) Located on the ClassLink page. It’s a site for reading or listening to books online. Scroll down to see the 'Most popular' and 'New audiobook additions'.
-Summer Reading at the Niles-Maine District Library - The library will continue to offer virtual programming throughout the summer and will start lending out physical materials sometime in June. Please check our website, nileslibrary.org, for events and more information. The Niles-Maine District Library has also gone fine free! No more late fees for materials! Ms. Mikey explains the summer program: https://youtu.be/bS3Xtskdi98
- Previously Ms. Mikey shared online library options for Nelson Eagles, check it out. Click >NMDLibraryMsg
- Draw with Drew and Rosie TIME for Kids teamed up with our Creativity Partner, Adobe, and launched a weekly creative interactive video series, Draw with Drew (and Rosie!). New episodes will be released every Thursday. Tune in and to join the journey at time.com/drawwithdrew
- For Harry Potter fans: Chapter 11 is now available. Listen to a chapter or two each day. All read by the movie's actors and actresses. Enjoy other activities at https://www.wizardingworld.com/ To watch my intro click >my WeVideo
- A Classic Read-A-Loud, Gulliver's Travels, read by Ms. Navas. Click >Book Vibes to start listening. There are 4 parts to Gulliver's Travels, each part has 5-6 chapters, I will read a chapter each day and post it on Book Vibes until we finish.
- Read Alouds from various sources found on My eBookshelf
- Read aloud list shared by Phoebe Defino titled Black Lives Matter Instructional Library includes books we’ve read together at Nelson. Slide 11 has some read alouds in Spanish (we’ll be adding more so check back weekly). To listen just click on a book cover.
Please reach out if you have any questions. I am here to help.
For weekly information visit https://www.emsd63.org/
Para información semanal visite https://www.emsd63.org/
Meal Information | Información sobre comida: click HERE.
Search the online catalog any time (click the links below).Try Destiny Discover (user friendly, I bet you'll be searching in no time).orUse the Classic online catalog you use in the library