Welcome to the3rd Grade StarsMrs. Jordan3rd GradeRoom 207
Welcome to remote third grade learning! First, let us thank you for your support and understanding as we, as a nation and community, responded to the unexpected invasion of COVID-19 in March. We are very proud of the way our Mark Twain students, parents, employees, and community leaders handled the demands we were faced with to protect everyone as we continued to educate and feed our students during the most unusual of circumstances.
Below are important new and IMPROVED changes to Remote Learning:
- Structured School Schedules: We have developed structured weekly schedules that resemble in-person instruction for a consistent learning experience for ALL students. Please be sure your child is logged in each day.
- Mandatory Attendance: Daily attendance and engagement of students is mandatory in all remote learning class sessions. Parents or guardians must contact Mark Twain school office if their child is ill or unable to attend remote learning class sessions.
- Grading & Assessment: According to the Illinois State Board of Education, schools will return to providing standards referenced grades for assignments, assessments, and other learning activities. Students will be held accountable for work and will be given report card ratings at the end of each trimester.
- Morning Meetings: Each school day will begin with third grade students meeting in-person LIVE with their teacher. This meeting will include consistent morning routines and social and emotional learning.
- Synchronous Learning: Based on survey feedback and ISBE guidance, we have increased the number of daily LIVE, also known as synchronous, sessions with teachers to improve learning and social connections.
Mark Twain School is a global learning community in which compassionate individuals discover their strengths, embrace a growth mindset, and achieve personal excellence.
Collaborate, explore, create. Every person. Every day.