Mrs. Bongiorno's 3rd grade
Welcome to third grade! First, let me thank you for your support and understanding as we, as a nation and community, responded to the unexpected COVID-19 pandemic. We are very proud of the way our Mark Twain students, parents, employees, and community leaders are handling the demands we are faced with to protect everyone. Thank you so much for your continued support from home. Together we will make this the best school year ever!
Class starts EVERY morning at 8:15. Please visit the Mark Twain 63Online page to access our Learning Plan for the week. Students will be online from 8:15-11:55 LIVE with me, and then again from 12:55-2:25 to complete online work and meet with specials teachers. Please make sure students are logged in by 8:15 so they are not marked absent in attendance.
Listed below are important Remote Learning Expectations & Information:
- Structured School Schedules: We have developed structured weekly schedules that resemble in-person instruction for a consistent learning experience for ALL students. Please be sure your child is logged in each day.
- Mandatory Attendance: Daily attendance and engagement of students is mandatory in all remote learning class sessions. Parents or guardians must contact Mark Twain school office if their child is ill or unable to attend remote learning class sessions.
- Grading & Assessment: According to the Illinois State Board of Education, schools will return to providing standards referenced grades for assignments, assessments, and other learning activities. Students will be held accountable for work and will be given report card ratings at the end of each trimester.
- Morning Meetings: Each school day will begin with third grade students meeting in-person LIVE with their teacher. This meeting will include consistent morning routines and social and emotional learning.
- Synchronous Learning: Based on survey feedback and ISBE guidance, we have increased the number of daily LIVE, also known as synchronous, sessions with teachers to improve learning and social connections.
- Technology: Student devices are available to all Mark Twain students. Please contact Mark Twain office (847-296-5341) to arrange pickup for a Chromebook and/or internet hotspot. Each student must have a Chromebook to access and complete their assigned work.
Third Grade Remote Learning Expectations:
- Students are expected to actively participate during live (synchronous) sessions with teachers and peers.
- Parents are encouraged to set up a preferred space within their home that promotes active learning. When available, this learning space should be free from distractions to assist students in focusing on instruction.
- We expect our third graders to utilize good digital citizenship at all times.
- We are all in this together and learning! Please always bring your positive attitude and best effort to learn new things!
We appreciate your support in helping third graders GROW and LEARN together in a unique way this school year!2019-2020 School yearWatch our Mark Twain School Memories video!Today is a great day to learn!
EMAIL me anytime...it's the fastest way to reach me!
Mark Twain Office (847) 296-5341