Mrs. Bongiorno's 3rd grade
Welcome to third grade! First, let me thank you for your support with our amazing students! Our Mark Twain families are the best families in the UNIVERSE! You are the most important people in our student's lives, and I appreciate all that you do to help keep us learning. Together we will make this the best school year ever!
Class starts EVERY morning at 7:55. Please make sure your student is on time for school each day. Our daily schedule is different from the remote learning last year. We start at 7:55 and will end our day at 2:25 each day. This is different from the last two years here at Mark Twain. Please be sure to read all the communications from Mark Twain School and District 63 regarding daily schedules.
Listed below are important Learning Expectations & Information:
- Structured School Schedules: We have developed structured weekly instruction schedules for a consistent learning experience for ALL students. Please be sure your child is healthy and well when attending school, and present as often as possible.
- Attendance: Daily attendance of students who are well and healthy is mandatory. Parents or guardians must contact Mark Twain school office if their child is ill or unable to attend school. Please do not send your child to school if they have a fever, cough, or any other covid like symptoms. Contact the school nurse with questions.
- Grading & Assessment: We are following guidelines from the Illinois State Board of Education, schools will be providing standards referenced grades for assignments, assessments, and other learning activities. Students will be held accountable for work and will be given report card ratings at the end of each trimester.
- Morning Meetings: Each school day will begin with third grade students meeting with their teacher. This meeting will include consistent morning routines and social and emotional learning. It will take place during the first 5 minutes of the school day, so don't be late!
- Technology: Student devices are available to all Mark Twain students to complete work.
Third Grade Learning Expectations:
- Students are expected to actively participate during school sessions with teachers and peers.
- Parents are encouraged to set up a preferred space within their home that promotes active learning. When available, this learning space should be free from distractions to assist students in focusing on study and homework.
- We expect our third graders to utilize good citizenship and digital citizenship at all times.
- We are all in this together and learning! Please always bring your positive attitude and best effort to learn new things!
We appreciate your support in helping third graders GROW and LEARN together this school year!2019-2020 School yearWatch our Mark Twain School Memories video!Today is a great day to learn!
EMAIL me anytime...it's the fastest way to reach me!
Mark Twain Office (847) 296-5341