April 1, 2020
Unique Learning System
* Log in
* Breaking News
* World News
Be ready for a class discussion on the breaking news story in World News that was published on March 30, 2020. This article discusses how businesses are impacted during the Covid-19 pandemic. Some businesses are closed during this time. Make sure to read the Spotlight for the week about medical scientists.
* Write 2-3 complete sentences about this news article. Here are some sentence starters:
1. The article is about __________________________.
2. An important fact is __________________________________.
3. After reading this article, I feel ________________________________.
For the core activity please complete one calendar and weather report for the day. Continue to use your notebook to keep a weather chart for the week.
Daily expectations for students in Mrs. Turnbow's class:
1. Keep a weather journal--use accuweather or wgn to record the daily weather in a notebook. You can use the sample weather chart from the link above.
2. IXL math--keep up with daily practice math drills. You should be working on IXL for at least 30 minutes per day.
3. N2y Library--please email me directly for passcodes if you need them.
4. News2You--Keep up with current issues or breaking news. Write a paragraph about the topic using a main idea and supporting details. Keep your paragraphs in a notebook.
5. News2You Spotlight--Read the current events "spotlight", which is based on medical careers especially during the Covid-19 pandemic. Complete the activities that follow by choosing the correct answers for the comprehension questions.
6. You will receive a separate email for a money math lesson for the day. Remember to copy the problems in your math notebook.
For students and families: For additional work practice, please refer to your emails for more detailed work. I am available between the hours of 9:00-3:00. You can contact me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please directly email me for passwords to the programs used in the classroom on a daily basis. I can guide you through some tasks and opportunities at various levels of engagement!
Parents: Once your child has completed the daily activities, please take attendance via Powerschool. If you have any questions or concerns, please email me directly at email@example.com
Best way to reach me is by email: firstname.lastname@example.org