- Catholic Charities of Des Plaines. 1717 Rand Road, Des Plaines. Open Tuesdays and Thursdays, 10 a.m. - 12 p.m. and 1-3 p.m.; Wednesdays, 10 a.m. - 12 p.m. and 1-6 p.m. Bring an ID; food distributed via a car line. Call 847.376.2100.
- Illinois Department of Human Services SNAP Benefits. This is a special benefit that can help you buy food for your 3-22 year old children who qualify for free or reduced-price meals when school is in session.
- Maine Township Food Pantry. 1700 Ballard Road, Park Ridge. During this time, the Pantry is serving residents Monday-Friday 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. However, normal hours are Tuesday-Friday, 1-4 p.m. Call 847.297.2510 x 236 before you go.
- Niles Township Food Pantry. 5255 Lincoln Ave, Skokie. Monday/Wednesday/Thursday/Friday: 9:30-11:30 a.m. and 1-3:30 p.m. Tuesday: 9:30-11:30 a.m., 1-3:30 p.m., 4:30-6:30 p.m. Call 847.983.0073.
- Northwest Compass, Inc. Food Connection Program. 1300 West Northwest Highway, Mount Prospect. Open Monday & Tuesday 9 a.m. - 4 p.m, Wednesday 9 a.m. - 7 p.m., Thursday 9 a.m. - 4 p.m., Friday 9 a.m. -12 p.m.. CALL BEFORE YOU GO: 847.392.2344.
- Self Help Closet and Pantry of Des Plaines, 600 E. Algonquin Rd, Des Plaines. Open Tuesdays, 12:30-3 p.m. and Saturdays 10 a.m. - 12 p.m. Call 847.375.1443.
Utilities & Rental Assistance
- ComEd can help of you're having trouble paying your ibill. Visit ComEd.com or call 800.334.7661, Monday - Friday, 7 a.m. - 7 p.m. Finally, a reminder that you can conduct regular business with ComEd online 24/7 or through the ComEd Mobile App.
- Peoples Gas: Effective immediately, customer's service will not be disconnected for non-payment, at least through the end of March. Contact Residential Customer Service at 866.556.6001, Monday - Friday, 7 a.m. - 7 p.m. and Saturday,7 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- Internet: Check out our Low-Cost Internet Webpage. Also, Comcast is offering comprehensive resources and support during this time with free service and more.
- Illinois Housing Development Authority: now offering help if you can't pay your rent due to COVID-19 through its Emergency Rental Assistance (ERA) Program.
- Cook County COVID-19 Recovery - Rental Assistance Program: designed for suburban Cook County residents who have been affected by COVID-19 and need rental assistance.