Mrs. Darland's Kindergarten
Welcome to Kindergarten! First, let me thank you for your support and understanding as we, as a community, responded to the unexpected COVID-19 pandemic. We are very proud of the way our Apollo students, parents, employees, and community leaders are handling the demands we are faced with to protect everyone. Thank you so much for your continued support. Together we will make this the best school year ever!
Listed below are important Learning Expectations & Information:
- Structured School Schedules: We have developed structured weekly instruction schedules for a consistent learning experience for ALL students. Please be sure your child is healthy and well when attending school, and present as often as possible.
- Attendance: Daily attendance of students who are well and healthy is mandatory. Parents or guardians must contact the Apollo school office if their child is ill or unable to attend school. Please do not send your child to school if they have a fever, cough, or any other covid like symptoms. Contact the school nurse with questions.
- Grading & Assessment: We are following guidelines from the Illinois State Board of Education, schools will be providing standards referenced grades for assignments, assessments, and other learning activities.
- Morning Meetings: Each school day will begin with a morning meeting with Mrs. Darland. This meeting will include consistent morning routines and social and emotional learning. It will take place during the first 5 minutes of the school day, so don't be late!
- Technology: Every student has their own chromebook. Please bring it to school fully charged each day.
Kindergarten Learning Expectations
- Students are expected to actively participate with teachers and peers.
- Parents are encouraged to help set up a learning space that helps promote active learning and is free from distractions. This will be helpful for when studetns are doing homework.
- We are all learning together! Please try your best! :)
We appreciate your support in helping
KINDERGARTENERS learn and grow!
Email me anytime!