Mrs. Darland's Kindergarten
Welcome to Kindergarten! First, let me thank you for your support and understanding as we, as a community, responded to the unexpected COVID-19 pandemic. We are very proud of the way our Apollo students, parents, employees, and community leaders are handling the demands we are faced with to protect everyone. Thank you so much for your continued support from home. Together we will make this the best school year ever!
Listed below are important Remote Learning Expectations & Information:
- Structured School Schedules: We have developed structured weekly schedules that resemble in-person instruction for a consistent learning experience for ALL students. Please be sure your child is logged in each day.
- Mandatory Attendance: Daily attendance and engagement of students is mandatory in all remote learning class sessions. Parents or guardians must contact Apollo school office if their child is ill or unable to attend remote learning class sessions.
- Morning Meetings: Each school day will begin with students meeting in-person LIVE with their teacher. This meeting will include consistent morning routines and social and emotional learning.
- Synchronous Learning: Based on survey feedback and ISBE guidance, we have increased the number of daily LIVE, also known as synchronous, sessions with teachers to improve learning and social connections.
- Technology: Student devices are available to all Apollo students. Please contact Apollo office (847) 827-6231) to arrange pickup for a Chromebook and/or internet hotspot. Each student must have a Chromebook to access and complete their assigned work.
Kindergarten Remote Learning Expectations
- Students are expected to actively participate during live (synchronous) sessions with teachers and peers.
- Parents are encouraged to help set up a learning space that helps promote active learning and is free from distractions.
- We are all learning together! Please try your best! :)
We appreciate your support in helping
KINDERGARTENERS learn and grow!
Email me anytime!