D63 transportation for more than 1,800 K-8 students is provided by First Student, which runs over 50 routes on a daily basis. Transportation is provided free of charge for:
- Students who live more than 1.5 miles away from their school.
- Students living in designated hazardous areas.
To see if you qualify for free bus service, please contact your school.
Students living less than 1.5 miles from their school and not in a designated hazardous area may choose bus service for an annual fee of $480 ($430 if paid before June 1, 2020). IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Due to the unique circumstances brought about by the COVID19 pandemic and the challenges our families are facing this year, transportation fees for the 2020-2021 school year fees will be discounted by 50 percent. We are aware that many families have already paid their 2020-2021 fees in full and we are in the process of refunding these fees to the credit cards used to pay them. There is no need to contact the District; if your family did already pay in full we have that information in our system.
Registering for Busing - Bus and Route Information for the 2020-2021 School Year
- The best way to register for busing is to sign up online while registering your student for the school year via the Parent Portal.
- Looking for your student's bus stop and number? Please check the Parent Portal.
Special Education and Pre-K Students
First Student also provides busing for students with special needs and for pre-k students. However, students in these programs are eligible only if it is required per their Individualized Educational Plan (IEP). For more information, contact:
First Student - Contact Phone Numbers
For questions regarding issues with the route your child is on, please contact First Student at the following numbers:
- For Regular Ed. Transportation: 847-635-9877
- For Special Ed. and Pre-K Transportation: 847-724-7200