PLEASE NOTE: All students are requied to wear face coverings on our buses during the 2021-2022 school year.
D63 transportation for more than 2,000 K-8 students is provided by First Student, which runs over 50 routes on a daily basis.
Transportation is provided free of charge for:
- Students who live more than 1.5 miles away from their school.
- Students living in designated hazardous areas.
To see if you qualify for free bus service, please contact your school.
Students living less than 1.5 miles from their school and not in a designated hazardous area may choose bus service for an annual fee of $430.
Registering for Busing - Bus and Route Information for the 2021-2022 School Year
- The best way to register for busing is to sign up online while registering your student for the school year via the Parent Portal.
- Looking for your student's bus stop and number? Please check the Parent Portal about a week before the start of the school year.
Special Education and Pre-K Students
First Student also provides busing for students with special needs and for pre-k students. However, students in these programs are eligible only if it is required per their Individualized Educational Plan (IEP). For more information, contact:
First Student - Contact Phone Numbers
For questions regarding issues with the route your child is on, please contact First Student at the following numbers:
- For Regular Education Transportation: 847-635-9877
- For Special Education and Pre-K Transportation: 847-724-7200