Summer Camp Academy 2020 is Going Virtual
COVID-19 has turned everyone's world upside down. In order to keep our children and families safe, The District has made the difficult decision to cancel in-person summer programming for 2020. Even though we were faced with this challenge we have adjusted and worked out a plan to continue to serve our EMSD63 community this summer through virtual programming.
In our nine-week virtual program youth can participate in eight activity tutorials each week on their own time. Although a basic schedule of activities will be posted weekly, activity tutorials will be posted daily in order to provide youth with something to look forward to each day. In addition to the tutorials, we will be offering two live segments each week: Breakfast Bites on Mondays and Campfire on Fridays.
Each week is a little different, but always includes:
- a theme to spark creativity and encourage spirit in our program
- a virtual field trip for a sense of adventure
- choice activities to foster independence and decision-making skills
- live segments to deepen a sense of connection
Dates & Rates
Summer Camp Academy:
June 15 - August 14, 2020 (nine-week session)
In order to provide quality programs to all of our families, programming for the summer will be available free of charge.
Camp Kits are available for purchase and include personalized kits for campers with supplies for the week's activities. Most supplies can be readily found around the home. These kits help to create a greater sense of connection to our program and provide youth with the fun experience of receiving a package each week!
Rates: $25/Camp Kit/Camper/Week; $15/Camp Kit/Additional Camper in the Same Household/Week
Time & Place
Breakfast Bites: Mondays at 10 a.m. held in an online meeting, the link will be posted each Monday morning at 9:30 a.m.
Campfire: Fridays at 2 p.m. held in an online meeting, the link will be posted each Friday afternoon at 1:30 p.m.
Camp Program: Activities posted to this page each day by 9 a.m.
PLEASE TAKE A PHOTO SHOWING CAMP SPIRIT AND SHARE IT WITH US!
WEEK 3: KINDNESS & COMMUNITY - DOWNLOAD THE BINGO BOARD FOR THIS WEEK!
- BREAKFAST BITES: KICKED OFF A WEEK OF KINDNESS & COMMUNITY!
- ACTS OF KINDNESS VIDEO
- SPIRIT DAY - TAKE A PHOTO OF YOURSELF DOING AN ACT OF KINDNESS OR SUPPORTING YOUR COMMUNITY!
- READ ALOUD: GREEN EGGS & HAM
WEEK 4: UNDER THE SEA
WEEK 5: ARTS & CULTURE
WEEK 6: ANIMALS, ANIMALS, ANIMALS
WEEK 7: TIME TRAVEL
WEEK 8: OLYMPICS
WEEK 9: ALL THINGS COMFY
WEEK 1: THE GREAT OUTDOORS
- BREAKFAST BITES GOOGLE MEET LINK: WHAT A GREAT START TO THE WEEK!!! THANK YOU TO THOSE WHO JOINED!
- SPIRIT DAY (TUESDAY) - WEAR YOUR FAVORITE PLAID OR FLANNEL!
- CAMPFIRE MEET LINK: S'MORES WERE DELICIOUS AND IT WAS AWESOME SEEING YOUR FACES! HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND AND WE'LL SEE YOU ON MONDAY AT 10 A.M.!
WEEK 2: RAINBOWS -
DOWNLOAD THIS BOARD, FILL IT UP, AND SEND IT IN FOR A CHANCE TO WIN A PRIZE!
- BREAKFAST BITES GOOGLE MEET LINK: WHAT A GREAT CALL THIS MORNING!
- CRAFT: FRIENDSHIP BRACELETS - 4 DIFFERENT OPTIONS - EASY ALL THE WAY TO DIFFICULT - CHOOSE YOUR METHOD!
- ENGINEERING: HOW TO MAKE A CATAPULT
- ART: COLOR WHEEL BLOBS
- SCIENCE: SLIME
- READ ALOUD: HOW TO CATCH A MERMAID
- SPIRIT DAY - WEAR YOUR RAINBOWS AND UNICORNS AND ALL THINGS COLORFUL!
- TEENS ONLY: JOIN THE CONVERSATION ABOUT RACE AND EQUITY - SPEAK YOUR MIND AND HAVE YOUR VOICE HEARD - CLICK ON THIS LINK TO REGISTER FOR THE CONVERSATION AND GET THE LINK TO THE CALL