After School Program
Our award-winning Expanded Learning After School Program has been providing opportunities for fun and learning since 2001! Offered at all seven D63 schools, this affordable after-school option features high-quality, caring staff comprising primarily District 63 teachers -- as well as trained staff and volunteers. Expanded Learning is open to all PreK-8th grade D63 students, focusing on the whole child and offering a range of educational, recreational, cultural, and social activities!
- Academic support and homework help - including a Homework Club option that focuses entirely on homework completion.
- Science, technology, engineering, arts, and math (STEAM) activities.
- Field trips.
- Physical and wellness activities.
- A healthy snack served daily.
- Affordable pricing with a sliding fee scale to meet the needs of our entire school district.
- A special program at elementary schools for Early Dismissal Days.
(Please note: preschool and morning kindergarten families will need to provide transit to the Expanded Learning site.)2018-2019 Expanded Learning DetailsThree 12-week Sessions:Session I: August 20 - November 15Session II: November 26 – March 1Session III: March 4 – May 31Times for Each School:Gemini: 2:30 - 5 p.m.Melzer/Nelson/Washington: 3:45 - 6 p.m.Apollo/Mark Twain/Stevenson: 3 - 5 p.m.(Childcare available 5-6 p.m. for an additional fee)
For more information or to register, call 847.827.4137.See you after school!