Translation and Interpretation
Parents play an essential role in developing a child’s Individualized Education Program. Under the Illinois Administrative Code, all parents/guardians of students with disabilities eligible for an IEP have a right to have an interpreter provided by the school district. A parent may also request the interpreter serve no other role in the meeting.
Additionally, to ensure meaningful participation, parents may IEP documents translated into their native language, including:
- IEP documents
- Parent/Guardian Notification of Conference and Conference Recommendations
- Notice of Procedural Safeguards for Parents/Guardians of Students with Disabilities
- Parent/Guardian Consent for Initial Evaluation Reevaluation
- Evaluation Reports
- Eligibility Determination
- Manifestation Determination Review Documents
- IEP Progress Reports
- Medicaid Consent Forms
If you would like to request an interpreter, have the above documents translated into your native language, or receive a translation that you find inadequate, please contact your child’s case manager.
Director of Special Services