Hi, everyone! Welcome to Ms. Akers' 3rd grade class.
My name is Ms. Akers! I have been teaching since 2017, but the 2021-2022 school year is my first year at Apollo. I love being part of the community and teaching the current generation of young learners. I value student independence and curiosity, flexible learning, cultural awareness and diversity!
Here are some fun facts about me:
- I was born in China
- I got married on July 17, 2021
- I have been to 7 countries
- I have 7 brothers and sisters!
- I’m one of the only adults I know that doesn’t drink coffee!
- I love reading, shopping, and dancing!
- My favorite elementary school reads include Wonder by RJ Palacio and Refugee, written by Alan Gratz.