Video Meeting Performance Tips
We’re aware that some students are experiencing lagging, drops, and occasional, slow performance when they use video conferencing applications for synchronous (“live”) learning during the school day.
This can be due to a variety of issues, but here are some general suggestions to improve your student’s video streaming experience:
- Minimize the use of Grid or Tile view: these views are extremely processor intensive.
- Close other tabs or applications while on video.
- Turn off the application’s camera when not actively participating (we’ve seen marked improvement when students take this step).
- Turn off Bluetooth (if enabled).
- Plug the Chromebook into a power source (don’t rely on battery) when using video conferencing wherever possible.
- Sit closer to your internet source (router, access point, hotspot)