Other Safety Considerations
Hand Washing and Sanitizing
- All staff and students will wash or sanitize their hands upon arrival in the building. Hand sanitizer will be provided in classrooms that do not have a sink.
- Staff and students will be expected to wash/sanitize their hands regularly.
- Every classroom and work station will have hand sanitizer to use.
- Sanitizing stations will be placed at each entrance and any common areas that don’t have sinks
- Each building will have a commercial-strength disinfectant sprayer onsite.
- D63’s maintenance staff will be sanitizing surfaces daily.
- Bathrooms will be sanitized multiple times per day.
- High touch areas, including desks/tables, doorknobs, sinks, and workstations will be sanitized by custodial staff every night.
- Sanitizing wipes will be distributed to all teaching staff and available in each classroom for use during the day.
- Custodians will complete a cleaning and sanitizing checklist every day.
Building & Other Modifications
- The heating and cooling system will run 24 hours a day to ensure a steady supply of fresh air in each classroom.
- All staff members will complete online training about safe in-school practices before students return to the buildings.
- Clear plexiglass physical barriers have been installed in all school offices where face-to-face interaction with the public occurs.
- Schools will limit the sharing of supplies between students to the extent possible and encourage students to take home personal items for cleaning daily.
- Signage promoting social distancing, hand washing, face coverings, and health hygiene practices will be posted throughout the schools.
- One-way hallway and stairwell markers, as well as social distancing markers, will be placed throughout schools.
- Lockers will not be used and students will need to use a backpack to carry their belongings.
- Drinking fountains will be disabled and not in use. Students will be encouraged to bring refillable water bottles; each building has multiple bottle filling stations.