Face Coverings & Personal Protective Equipment
In compliance with the Illinois State Board of Education requirements:
All staff, students, and visitors will be required to wear a mask that covers both the nose and mouth at all times when in the presence of other people. No one without a medical exemption will be permitted to remain in the school without a face covering.
- While in the classroom.
- While waiting to enter or leave the building.
- While in any enclosed space within the building (restrooms, office, teacher lounge, nurse’s office, hallways, etc.).
- On school grounds when it is not possible to maintain six-foot social distancing.
- While on the bus.
- Gaiters are not permitted.
- Masks with holes or vents of any kind are not permitted.
- Staff and students are encouraged to provide their own masks, but we will have disposable masks for anyone who needs them.
- As needed, staff who are in regular close contact (within six feet for 15 minutes or more) to meet the academic, functional, hygiene needs of students will be provided with additional PPE, including face shields, gloves, and disposable gowns.
- Gloves are not recommended for use by students or staff, with the exception of those conducting cleaning, first aid, or providing hand-over-hand instruction.
Social distancing will limit the spread of the virus. And in compliance with ISBE regulations, schools will adhere to the following strategies to maintain social distancing as much as possible:
- Markers will be placed outside the elementary buildings, spaced six feet apart, for parents who walk to drop off or pick up students after school.
- Non-essential furniture will be removed from classrooms, allowing maximum space for students and staff. To the extent possible, allowing for classroom size, students will be placed six feet apart. It is important to note that it may not be possible to keep students six feet apart at all times.
- Group activities will be limited. There will be no athletics, extracurricular activities, regular musical programs, or assemblies until further notice.
- Only essential visitors will be permitted in the schools and all visitors must use a face covering. Meetings will occur virtually unless a parent requests otherwise, and during an in-person meeting, most participants may still attend the meeting virtually.
- Routes will be designated for entry, exit, and other transition times.
- Staff will be asked to practice social distancing, including but not limited to:
- When working indoors or outdoor areas
- Before and after the school day
- Coming and going from vehicles
- Entering, working, and exiting physical buildings or other structures
- During breaks and lunch periods
- Elementary students will have outdoor movement breaks and will be encouraged to maintain social distancing where possible.
- Breakfast and lunch for students who would like them (free for all students through June 30, 2021) will be available as a combination sack lunch/breakfast that they take with them when they leave.