Students will explore different scientific concepts combining digital resources, supplemental print, and hands-on kits, along with informational text resources and various in-class explorations through Stemscopes. Stemscopes provides opportunities utilizing the framework of Engage, Explore, Explain, Elaborate and Evaluate.
The topics include:
- Dealing with Hazardous Weather Worldwide
- Using Magnetic Force
- Animal Development and Survival
- Environments and the Traits of Organisms
- Organisms Change over Time
Time will also be spent on promoting healthy living habits both inside and outside the classroom. This includes topics such as:
- The benefits of early detection and treatment of illness
- The health and safety methods that reduce the risks associated with dangerous situations
- The basic body systems and their functions
- The key elements of a decision-making process.