Students will explore different scientific concepts combining digital resources, supplemental print, and hands-on kits along with informational text resources and various in-class explorations through Stemscopes. Stemscopes provides opportunities utilizing the framework of Engage, Explore, Explain, Elaborate and Evaluate. The topics include:
- Dealing with Hazardous Weather Worldwide
- Using Magnetic Force
- Organisms Change over Time
Time will also be spent on promoting healthy living habits both inside and outside the classroom. This includes topics such as:
- The benefits of early detection and treatment of illness
- The health and safety methods that reduce the risks associated with dangerous situations
- The basic body systems and their functions
- The key elements of a decision-making process.
The Social Science focus is inquiry driven and culturally responsive. We will be using InquirED to guide instruction to engage students in a sustained investigation of content that will culminate in students taking an informed action. Our inquires each trimester will be:
- How can we act as global citizens?
- Migration and Movement
- How can we honor and respect our many cultures?
- Equality and Justice
- How can we take steps toward equality and justice?