D63 transportation for more than 1,800 K-8 students is provided by First Student, which runs over 50 routes on a daily basis. Transportation is provided free of charge for:
- Students who live more than 1.5 miles away from their school.
- Students living in designated hazardous areas.
To see if you qualify for free bus service, please contact your school.
Students living less than 1.5 miles from their school and not in a designated hazardous area may choose bus service for an annual fee of $480 ($430 if paid before June 1, 2019).
Bus and Route Information for the 2019-2020 School Year
- Busing on the first day of school is guaranteed for any student registered for busing by August 1.
- D63 will do every thing possible to route students by the first day of school for registrations received after August 1; however, due to time constraints it may take a few days longer.
- Please check the parent portal after Wednesday August 14 to find out your student's bus stop and bus number.
Special Education and Pre-K Students
First Student also provides busing for students with special needs and for pre-k students. However, students in these programs are eligible only if it is required per their Individualized Educational Plan (IEP). For more information, contact:
First Student - Contact Phone Numbers
For questions regarding issues with the route your child is on, please contact First Student at the following numbers:
- For Regular Ed. Transportation: 847-635-9877
- For Special Ed. and Pre-K Transportation: 847-724-7200