D63 transportation for more than 1,800 K-8 students is provided by First Student, which runs over 50 routes on a daily basis. Transportation is provided free of charge for:
- Students who live more than 1.5 miles away from their school.
- Students living in designated hazardous areas.
To see if you qualify for free bus service, please contact your school.
Students living less than 1.5 miles from their school and not in a designated hazardous area may choose bus service for an annual fee of $480 ($430 if paid before June 1, 2020).
Registering for Busing - Bus and Route Information for the 2020-2021 School Year
- The best way to register for busing is to sign up online while registering your student for the school year via the Parent Portal. (Returning student registration opens on April 27)
- Busing on the first day of school is guaranteed for any student registered for busing by July 24.
- D63 will do every thing possible to route students by the first day of school for registrations received after July 24; however, due to time constraints and volume of requests, students may not be routed by the first day of school.
- Looking for your student's bus stop and number? Please check the Parent Portal starting Tuesday, August 4 for the information.
Special Education and Pre-K Students
First Student also provides busing for students with special needs and for pre-k students. However, students in these programs are eligible only if it is required per their Individualized Educational Plan (IEP). For more information, contact:
First Student - Contact Phone Numbers
For questions regarding issues with the route your child is on, please contact First Student at the following numbers:
- For Regular Ed. Transportation: 847-635-9877
- For Special Ed. and Pre-K Transportation: 847-724-7200