QUAVER MARVELOUS WORLD OF MUSIC
In 2016, District 63 has adopted a new and exciting music curriculum this year! Quaver's Marvelous World of Music is an interactive program that provides students with fun and engaging ways to experience music concepts. Students will be able to create, perform, respond and connect to music in a variety of ways. This cutting-edge program enhances student learning by incorporating technology through interactive whiteboard activities and using Chromebooks. Every student has their own free Quaver account that can be accessed both at school and at home.
Students may access their accounts through the Classlink portal.
The Music Curriculum was designed with great thought and with the notion that every student will be motivated to learn. The lessons are fun, innovative and will explore many aspects of music. The students will learn how to interpret a musical score and be able to perform it vocally or instrumentally using pitched or non-pitched instruments. The students will learn a variety of songs from the past and the present time and learn about many composers. The song selections are all age appropriate. The lessons created are aligned with the State Goals, National Standards, and keeping the Danielson Framework and SIOP Model in mind.
The main purpose for this music curriculum is to:
- Bring music into alignment with the Power Standards/State Goals and National Standards.
- Provide innovative, creative and fun lessons.
- To give every student the opportunity to express themselves musically through song and dance.
- Enrich every student and to provide a positive learning experience.
- To give every student the opportunity to come out of their comfort zone and perform.
- Strengthen music education as a core academic subject.