Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Can my child bring their own computer or Chromebook?
- No, not at this time.
Q. Will students have their Internet content filtered at home on their issued Chromebook?
- Yes, students using a District 63 issued Chromebook will be filtered at all times to minimize the potential of their exposure to inappropriate content.
Q. Are there fees associated with the 1 to 1 Chromebook program?
- Yes, the Board of Education established an annual Chromebook fee of $60.
Q. Does this mean students won’t learn how to write with a pen or pencil anymore?
- No, students will still use paper and pencil. They will just spend an increased amount of time typing, which will help them improve their keyboarding skills.
Q. Will my child be learning a different curriculum?
- No, the curriculum and standards taught will be the same across the grade level. Chromebooks are another tool that will be used to deliver the curriculum.
Q. How will the District prevent cyberbullying?
- Students receive education on Digital Citizenship. Also, the same discipline procedures will be enforced as in any other situation of bullying or improper use of technology. Additional information can be found on the District’s website. https://www.emsd63.org/Domain/584
Q. How much do replacement parts cost?