Welcome to the Library
https://youtu.be/bS3Xtskdi98Contact Information:Maria Navas | Teacher Librarian, Media SpecialisteMail: firstname.lastname@example.orgLibrary Phone: 1-847-745-636
Mindfulness Quotes/Montra: OPTIMISM
Week of June 1st
Quote: “Think happy. Be happy.”
Mantra: I can find joy in today.
Week of June 1st
- Share a good book, or two you've, read on Padlet https://padlet.com/mnavas2/Library It could be an all time favorite or one you've just discovered. Instructions are included on Share A Good Read | Comparte Un Buen Libro
- A Classic Read-A-Loud, Gulliver's Travels, chapters 1-5, read by Ms. Navas. Click >Book Vibes.
- Read Alouds from various sources found on My eBookshelf
Have you tried the Overdrive (Sora) app? It is located on the ClassLink page. It’s a site for reading or listening to books online. Titles like Harry Potter, Percy Jackson, Diary of a Wimpy Kid, Big Nate, Her Unicorn, SpongeBob Squarepants, Phoebe and Her Unicorn. After you read or listen to a book write a review or recommend it to others using any of the options in the Book Review assignment on the E-Learning Activities page.
More Reading and activity options:
-Summer Reading at the Niles-Maine District Library - The library will continue to offer virtual programming throughout the summer and will start lending out physical materials sometime in June. Please check our website, nileslibrary.org, for events and more information. The Niles-Maine District Library has also gone fine free! No more late fees for materials!
Ms. Mikey explains: https://youtu.be/bS3Xtskdi98
- Previously Ms. Mikey also shares online library options, check it out. Click >NMDLibraryMsg
- Draw with Drew and Rosie TIME for Kids teamed up with our Creativity Partner, Adobe, and launched a weekly creative interactive video series, Draw with Drew (and Rosie!). New episodes will be released every Thursday. Tune in and to join the journey at time.com/drawwithdrew
- Click >E-Learning Activities page for all assignments and activities like Non-Screen Activities, a list of STEAM ideas (STEAM list available in Spanish and Arabic), and BINGO activity cards.
Please reach out if you have any questions. I am here to help.
District E-Learning Days - Information and Resources:
For Parent Tech Support and other information visit https://www.emsd63.org/eLearning
Padres, para Soporte Técnica y otra información visite https://www.emsd63.org/
Meal Information | Información sobre comida: click HERE.
IL Book Award Pick by Nelson Students
Nelson readers vote for their favorites. Click on Photo Gallery to see pictures
2020 Monarch nominees - "We Don't Eat Out Classmates" by Ryan T. Higgins
2020 Bluestem nominees - "The Bad Guys" by Aaron Blabey
2020 Caudill nominees - "Insignificant Events in the Life of a Cactus" by Dusti Bowling
Search the online catalog any time (click the links below).Try Destiny Discover (user friendly, I bet you'll be searching in no time).orUse the Classic online catalog you use in the library