Emergency School Closing Information
Emergency School Closings: How can you find out if school is closed?
Winter Closing Guidelines: District 63 relies on a variety of factors when making the decision to close schools and works cooperatively with a number of area school districts.
- Check this website. Closing notifications are posted as soon as the decision is final.
- Follow the District on Facebook and Twitter - this is often the quickest way to get the information.
- Check your email and listen for phone calls and texts. The District uses its Swift K12 system (see below) to notify all families and staff.
- If you're in the neighborhood, pay attention to the digital signs at all of our schools and the District office. When there is a school closing, that information will override all other messages.
- Closings are broadcasted on most local TV and radio stations.
Parent Alert System: District 63's parent notification system, Swift K12, enables D63 to text, call, and email families and staff very quickly. The system utilizes the email addresses and phone numbers parents and staff have provided to the school and District as their official contact information. Please make sure you have provided your school office with accurate information so you can be reached. This is the primary means of communication in an emergency.