Welcome to the Library
Contact Information:Maria Navas | Teacher Librarian, Media SpecialisteMail: email@example.comLibrary Phone: 1-847-745-636
Mindfulness Quotes/Montra: OPTIMISM
Quote: “When it rains, look for rainbows.
When it’s dark, look for stars.”
Mantra: I can focus on a bright future.
Week of July 27th
This week's book is titled "Of Thee I Sing", written by U.S. 44th President Barack Obama. Join the book discussion on Wednesday, July 29th at 11:00. To RSVP to the book discussion click here and fill out this form. Check out the activities on the Summer Book Club page in Seesaw.
More reading and activities listed below. Fly High Eagles.
Summer Reading and Activity Choices:
- Virtual Summer Camp, by Destiny (our library system). For all grades, a new choice board posted each week (days vary). There's read alouds, cool videos, how to draw, and more. Click on any a topic that interests you or explore a new topic. Your choice. Let me know what you think and share your activities at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Week 10 Furry Critters
- Week 9 Games and Sports
- Week 8 Bugs
- Week 7 Pets
- Week 6 Camping and Picnics
- Week 5 Gardens, Plants, Flowers
- Week 4 - Dinosaurs
- Week 3 - The Ocean
- Week 2 - The Farm-Week 1 Imagination
- Bringing Brookfield Zoo to You! has some exciting videos and activities. Scroll down (almost to the bottom) to see two of my favorites "I Scienced" At-Home Activities and "Bringing The Zoo To You" Facebook Live Chats videos. For example Camping Around Bears. Owls and Lions are a big hit.
- TIME for Kids Free. Ask Mom or Dad first. Then click here to apply online. Choose English, Spanish, or Chinese and your grade level. Then you will receive a link in your email. Gratis.
- TIME for Kids Pregúntale a mamá o papá primero. Luego haga un clic aquí para solicitar en línea. Elija Inglés, Español o Chino y su nivel de grado. Luego recibirá un enlace en su correo electrónico.
Overdrive (Sora) Located on the ClassLink page. Read or listen to books online. Scroll down to see the 'Most popular' and 'New audiobook additions'. Ubicado en la página de ClassLink. Lea o escuche libros en línea. Despláce hacia abajo para ver los 'Más populares' y 'Nuevos audiolibros'.
- Draw with Drew and Rosie TIME for Kids teamed up with our Creativity Partner, Adobe, and launched a weekly creative interactive video series, Draw with Drew (and Rosie!). New episodes will be released every Thursday. Tune in and to join the journey at time.com/drawwithdrew
-Summer Reading at the Niles-Maine District Library - The library will continue to offer virtual programming throughout the summer and will start lending out physical materials sometime in June. Please check our website, nileslibrary.org, for events and more information. The Niles-Maine District Library has also gone fine free! No more late fees for materials! Ms. Mikey explains the summer program: https://youtu.be/bS3Xtskdi98
- Previously Ms. Mikey shared online library options for Nelson Eagles, check it out. Click >NMDLibraryMsg
- For Harry Potter fans: Click here for the latest chapter. Listen to a chapter or two each day. All read by the movie's actors and actresses. Enjoy other activities at https://www.wizardingworld.com/ To watch my intro click >my WeVideo
- A Classic Read-A-Loud, Gulliver's Travels, read by Ms. Navas. Click >Book Vibes to start listening. There are 4 parts to Gulliver's Travels, each part has 5-6 chapters, I will read a chapter each day and post it on Book Vibes until we finish.
- Read Alouds from various sources found on My eBookshelf
- Read aloud list shared by Phoebe Defino titled Black Lives Matter Instructional Library includes books we’ve read together at Nelson. Slide 11 has some read alouds in Spanish (we’ll be adding more so check back weekly). To listen just click on a book cover.
Please reach out if you have any questions. I am here to help.
For weekly information visit https://www.emsd63.org/
Para información semanal visite https://www.emsd63.org/
Meal Information | Información sobre comida: click HERE.
Search the online catalog any time (click the links below).Try Destiny Discover (user friendly, I bet you'll be searching in no time).orUse the Classic online catalog you use in the library