In Writing we will be writing for personal expression through a poetry study. This quarter we will work together to answer the following essential questions:
- How do writers find topics and ideas for writing?
- How does word choice affect the thoughts and feelings of the reader?
- How can I use my writer’s notebook as a resource when writing poetry?
- How does knowing about an author or poet and his or her work help me become a better writer?
- How can revising poems make them better?
- What are some ways to end a poem and leave the reader satisfied?
Click on these links to reinforce your writing skills: