Our award-winning Total Learning Community After School Program has been providing opportunities for fun and learning since 2001! Offered at all seven D63 schools, this affordable after school option features high-quality, caring staff comprising primarily District 63 teachers -- as well as trained staff and volunteers. TLC is open to all PreK-8th grade D63 students (Please note: preschool and morning kindergarten families will need to provide transit to the TLC site.)
TLC focuses on the whole child, offering a wide range of educational, recreational, cultural, and social activities, including:
- Academic support and homework help - including a Homework Club option that focuses entirely on homework completion.
- Science, technology, engineering, arts, and math (STEAM) activities.
- Field trips.
- Physical and wellness activities.
- Optional bus transit for D63 students for about $1.25/day.
- A healthy snack served daily.
- Affordable pricing with a sliding fee scale to meet the needs of our entire school district.
- A special program at elementary schools for Early Dismissal Days.
2016-2017 TLC Details
Three 12-week Sessions:
Session I: Monday, August 22 - Friday, November 11
No TLC: 9/05,9/08,10/03,10/10,10/12,10/19,11/08
Session II: Monday, November 14 – Friday, February 24
No TLC: 11/17,11/21,11/22-11/25,12/08,12/23, 12/26-1/06,1/16,1/25,2/20
Session III: Monday, February 27 – Friday, May 26
No TLC: 3/13,3/16,3/17,3/20-3/24,4/04,4/14,5/19
Times for Each School:
Gemini: 2:30 - 5 p.m.
(Homework Club 2:35-3:35 p.m.)
Melzer/Nelson/Washington: 3:40 - 6 p.m.
(Homework Club 3:40-4:40 p.m.)
Apollo/Mark Twain/Stevenson: 3 - 5 p.m.
(Homework Club 3-4 p.m. Child care available 5-6 p.m. for an additional fee)
For more information or to register, call 847.827.4137.
See you after school!